Date of Birth
Name/Description of the dog you are interested in (i.e., are you interested in a particular dog we’ve been promoting on Facebook; do you prefer puppies, adults, certain sizes, gender, etc.? )
Please give any additional information regarding what foster situation you can accommodate.
Why are you interested in fostering a pet at this time?
Additional comments regarding the traits you are looking for in a pet:
Who will be responsible for the care of the foster dog?
If you have fostered before, please provide the name, location, and contact information for the rescue group you fostered for.
Will you be able to bring your foster dog to adoption events? Most events are on weekends and can be anywhere in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. It is not a requirement that you be able to attend every adoption event, and at times TSDP volunteers can provide assistance with getting the foster dog to events.
Do you have all of the supplies necessary to care for a foster?
What kinds of supplies will you need The Street Dog Project to provide?
Number of adults living in the home?
Number and ages of children living in the home?
If you rent, are there any pet restrictions (breed, size, species, number, etc.) from your Landlord? Please specify.
If you rent, please enter your landlord's name and phone number.
Do you have a fenced yard?
What is the height of the fence?
Is the fence gate kept securely locked?
Where will the animal be kept when you are home?
Where will the animal sleep?
What is the average number of hours per day the dog will be home alone?
How often do you travel?
How will the foster dog be cared for when you are out of town or away from home for an extended period of time? The Street Dog Project can provide a relief foster or boarding for the foster dog if needed.
Do you have a second pet? If so please list the species, name, age, weight, breed, gender, if they're spayed/neutered and personality of your second pet
Do you have a third pet? Do you have a second pet? If so please list the species, name, age, weight, breed, gender, if they're spayed/neutered and personality of your third pet.
Family Veterinarian and Personal References:
Family Veterinarian and Personal References: By completing this section, I am authorizing The Street Dog Project or any of their partner rescues to inquire about the health status of my current animals as well as any deceased/no-longer-owned animals on their records under my/our name. I am authorizing release of shot records, heartworm preventative purchase(s) and whether or not the animal visited a clinic in the last 12 months.
*NOTE: It is possible that an applicant has not had pets and therefore does not have a veterinarian.
Personal Reference 1 Name & Number
Personal Reference 2 Name & Number
Is there anything else that you would like us to know? Please use this space for additional comments, additional veterinarian information, or additional information about another question.
Please Read The Following Carefully:
1. Foster Parent agrees to provide the foster dog with dog food, indoor shelter, and kind and loving care until the foster dog is adopted or placed with another foster home. Foster Parent will notify TSDP immediately if the foster dog(s) escapes or becomes ill.
2. Foster Parent understands that TSDP may not have prior knowledge of the dog’s temperament, and will take due care to protect anyone who may come into contact with the foster dog from harm.
3. Foster Parent will not seek to hold TSDP responsible for damage to property or injury to persons or other pets while foster dog is in the care of the Foster Parent. Foster Parent releases TSDP, its officers, directors and volunteers from any claims, liabilities, or expenses for any damages incurred while fostering.
4. TSDP will be financially responsible for any veterinary care it deems necessary for the fostered dog(s) at a veterinarian of TSDP’s choice, if prior approval has been received from TSDP, and if Foster Parent’s neglect or misconduct did not cause the needed care.
Medical decisions and expenses must be approved by TSDP and provided by designated veterinarians. After hours emergencies may be taken to the emergency vet without approval, only if the Foster Parent is unable to locate a member of TSDP. If taken to a clinic without prior approval, except in an emergency, medical expenses may not be compensated for the foster dog. Reimbursement of vet expenses will require copies of bills.
5. Foster Parent agrees to NOT administer any medication, vaccinations, or supplements without prior approval from TSDP. Foster Parent agrees to NOT discontinue or alter prescribed medication dosage/schedule without prior approval from TSDP.
6. When travel plans arise, Foster Parent agrees to give TSDP as much notice as possible so we can find a temporary foster home and avoid incurring boarding costs.
7. TSDP will not typically be responsible for medical or other expenses incurred by the Foster Parent’s own pet(s) while fostering for TSDP.
8. Foster Parent agrees to bring the dog(s) to adoption events as often as possible. Adoption events can occur as often as weekly. Foster Parent agrees to pick the foster dog(s) up after the event unless other arrangements have been made in advance. Foster Parent understands that bringing the foster dog to events increases the chances for adoption.
9. Foster Parent agrees that any dog(s) fostered by him/her remains the property of TSDP, and that Foster Parent will not relocate the dog from the primary residence of the Foster Parent or dispose of him/her in any manner without prior written notice and approval of TSDP. The foster dog may not be given away to another person, shelter, or rescue organization or passed on to friends/family members, without prior approval from an approved TSDP Representative.
10. Foster Parent will return the foster dog(s) to a TSDP representative immediately upon request for any reason deemed necessary by TSDP.
11. If Foster Parent desires to adopt the foster dog(s), and TSDP agrees that adoption is appropriate, TSDP will provide an Adoption Contract to Foster Parent. Foster Parent agrees to sign and return said contract within 7 days of receiving and will be responsible for the adoption fee unless waived by an authorized member of TSDP.
12. If unable to continue fostering, TSDP must be given advance notice to make appropriate arrangements if at all possible.
13. Due to the inherent escape risks, foster dogs may NOT have unsupervised access outside. Although these dogs are used to being outside, we will not approve any of our street dogs to stay outside day or night.
14. TSDP has permission to make home inspections, and if the situation warrants, the dog(s) may be removed immediately.
15. Foster Parent agrees to keep the dog leashed while in the back yard, either on a long tether or accompanying the dog on a shorter leash into the yard, for one week or until the dog is comfortable in the back yard. Foster Parent also agrees and understands the high probability that their rescue can and will escape either due to fear or insecurities, and agrees to double leash their dogs when taken from their premises with one martingale collar and six-foot lead and one slip lead.
16. If available and supplied, the Foster Parent agrees to keep a GPS collar on the dog at all times for their protection in case of an accident and the dog were to escape, TSDP would be given the ability to track them. All GPS collars will be purchased by TSDP and will be the property of TSDP.
BY AGREEING BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THIS APPLICATION, ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY, AND HAVE A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF FOSTERING A PET.
I make this statement under penalty of perjury under the laws of the state of Texas.
Thank you for your submission. Please keep in mind we are all volunteers and allow up to 72 hours.